Social Media and Distribution Intern
More Perfect Union Action
Position Title: Social Media & Distribution Intern
Reports to: Digital Strategist
Job type: Paid Internship
Time commitment: Full-time beginning on/around April 24, 2023. Internship lasts approximately 90 days.
Location: 100% Remote, Telework
Applications will be accepted for this position thru March 31, 2023. If you’ve published editorial work (writing, graphics, or video) that you’re especially proud of, please share links when you apply.
More Perfect Union is an advocacy and journalism organization with a mission to build power for the working class. We cover politics, policy, labor, business, and economics news through a class lens, and we pair our reporting with activism to help working people win policy fights. Launched in February 2021, More Perfect Union’s coverage has garnered over 200 million video views and hundreds of thousands of followers on social media.
We’re hiring a Social Media & Distribution Intern to join our growing team. The Social Media & Distribution Intern will assist in driving audience growth and engagement across multiple social platforms by scheduling content, making graphics, translating performance results into actionable insights, and helping to build a distribution network to share More Perfect Union content.
- Work with Digital Strategist to build distribution networks to share and promote content;
- Update website regularly with new videos and content;
- Identify important, interesting, or underreported stories/facts/memes and use them to create compelling social media content;
- Work with Graphic Designer to create shareable graphics and memes for Facebook and Instagram;
- Monitor analytics, audience sentiments, and social media trends;
- Assisting with all aspects of social distribution, including scheduling content, community management, and optimizing posts for engagement and search;
- Receiving assignments from supervisor and colleagues for prompt action;
- Operate in a nimble environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for, and substantial knowledge of, national politics and economic justice issues;
- Regular user of social media;
- An excellent writer, communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience creating graphics for social media a plus;
- Able to craft a distribution strategy for a particular video or story based on its topic and target audience;
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized and capable of meeting tight deadlines;
- Available full-time hours and ability to excel in a remote - work from home environment.
At More Perfect Union we strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, post-secondary educational status, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.