Editorial Video Intern
More Perfect Union Action
Position Title: Editorial Video Intern
Reports to: Director, “The Class Room”
Job Type: Paid Internship
Time commitment: Full-time beginning on/around April 24, 2023. Internship lasts approximately 90 days.
Location: 100% Remote, Telework
Applications will be accepted for this position thru March 31, 2023.
More Perfect Union is a progressive media organization focused on issues that impact the working class in America. We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to join our growing team as an Editorial Video intern. In this role, you’ll help with research, production and editing support to the “Class Room,” our YouTube explainer team.
This position is perfect for an individual with strong writing and research skills, entry-level video editing experience, strong time management and a desire to learn in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Assist “The Class Room” Director, Producers, Video Editors, Motion Designers and Writers with the creation of YouTube explainer videos.
- Provide research assistance on video scripts
- Fact checking and copy editing video scripts and edits
- Pulling video clips, news headlines, images and other media for Video Editors
- Performing minor video editing tasks such as synching footage, assembling stringouts or pulling selects
- Participation in team strategy meetings;
- Triage, respond to, and as necessary escalate or delegate incoming press inquiries;
- Provide research and additional information for media partnerships;
- Maintain press distribution systems in CRM;
- Draft, edit and distribute press releases to media contacts;
- Complete assignments from supervisor and colleagues and meet deadlines;
- Operate in a nimble environment;
- Perform administrative duties;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere required. After Effects experience is a plus;
- Documentary, journalism, and/or political experience;
- Producing, scripting, research or development experience a plus;
- Familiarity with national politics and labor issues;
- A passion for economic justice and workers rights;
- Strong understanding of social media, email etiquette and exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Studied or currently studying in journalism, communications, film, marketing, public relations or related field;
- Available full-time hours and ability to excel in a remote - work from home environment;
- Ability to operate in a nimble environment.
At More Perfect Union we strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, post-secondary educational status, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.