Vertical Video Editor Intern
More Perfect Union Action
Position Title: Vertical Video Editor Intern
Reports to: Supervising Producer
Job Type: Paid Internship
Time Commitment: Full-time beginning on/around April 24, 2023. Internship lasts approximately 90 days.
Location: 100% Remote, Telework
Applications will be accepted for this position thru March 31, 2023.
The Vertical Video Editor Intern will work closely with other members of the video team as well as our reporters and producers to conceptualize, script, produce, and edit news-driven videos specifically for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube shorts. They will act as a bridge between our video and social teams to produce concise, shareable versions of our longer-form content, ranging from breaking news, opinion pieces, policy explainers, exclusive interviews and short field documentaries.
The Vertical Video Editor Intern must be immersed in and excited about the process of telling stories through video, with the technical and narrative skills to create powerful stories that hook viewers and keep people watching to the end. The position requires a high level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration and communication skills, and a desire to help develop and grow our brand.
- Adapt and edit our longer-form produced pieces for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube shorts, ranging from simple cut-downs to original scripts formulated in pre-production;
- Participate in meetings and collaborate with other team members to draft scripts, interview subjects, produce videos, and push creative boundaries;
- Execute best practices for achieving editorial and video excellence across TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube shorts;
- Capture, source, and/or animate additional images, video, and assets as needed;
- Select appropriate music & sound effects and report appropriate music usage;
- Archive and organize projects to streamline productions;
- Meet video and social teams' publishing schedules;
- Complete assignments from supervisor and colleagues and meet deadlines;
- Operate in a nimble environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus;
- Documentary, journalism, and/or political experience;
- Producing, scripting or development experience a plus;
- A passion for economic, social and racial justice;
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, with strong interpersonal skills;
- Available full-time hours and ability to excel in a remote - work from home environment;
- A self-starter who pays close attention to detail and is highly organized, capable of meeting tight deadlines.
At More Perfect Union we strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, post-secondary educational status, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
More Perfect Union is offering interns a living wage and benefits package including: monthly home office stipend, paid federal holidays and paid sick leave.